ArticlesArticles Most Popular ArticlesMost Popular Articles Most Helpful ArticlesMost Helpful Articles Submit A QuestionSubmit A Question
RSS Feeds
DrillDown Icon Home
DrillDown Icon Welcome
DrillDown Icon Administrative / Procedures
DrillDown Icon Accounting
DrillDown Icon Continuing Education
DrillDown Icon Financial Aid
DrillDown Icon Human Resources
DrillDown Icon Payroll
DrillDown Icon Procurement
DrillDown Icon Registrar's Office
DrillDown Icon Academic Appeals Hearing
DrillDown Icon Academic Bulletin
DrillDown Icon Academic Regulations
DrillDown Icon Academic Second Chance
DrillDown Icon Access to Student Data in myGate or Banner
DrillDown Icon Advising Holds
DrillDown Icon Audit/Time Conflict/Permission Form
DrillDown Icon Calendars and Scheduling
DrillDown Icon Changing Your Address on myGate
DrillDown Icon Consent to Release Student Information
DrillDown Icon Data Research Request
DrillDown Icon Degree Application and Graduation Requirements
DrillDown Icon Departmental Challenge Examination
DrillDown Icon Dropping/Adding a Class
DrillDown Icon Duplicate Diploma Request
DrillDown Icon Enrollment Verification
DrillDown Icon Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
DrillDown Icon FERPA for Faculty, Staff, and Student Employees
DrillDown Icon FERPA Training (Online)
DrillDown Icon FERPA Request for Non-Disclosure
DrillDown Icon Grades
DrillDown Icon Graduating and Commencement
DrillDown Icon Graduation Information Change
DrillDown Icon Legacy Tuition Grant Application
DrillDown Icon Military Activation Withdrawals
DrillDown Icon RACR (Degree Audit)
DrillDown Icon Registration Agreement (4/2/2014)
DrillDown Icon Registering for Classes
DrillDown Icon Registration Holds
DrillDown Icon Residency for Tuition Purposes
DrillDown Icon Residency for Tuition Purposes FAQ
DrillDown Icon Second Baccalaureate or Associate Degree
DrillDown Icon Transcripts (Ordering)
DrillDown Icon Undergraduate Course Overload Form
DrillDown Icon Veterans Affairs: Getting Started at MSU
DrillDown Icon Withdrawal From Murray State
DrillDown Icon Scholarships
DrillDown Icon Telecommunications
DrillDown Icon Canvas
DrillDown Icon Forms
DrillDown Icon Listservs
DrillDown Icon Mobile Devices
DrillDown Icon myGate
DrillDown Icon Network / Internet Access
DrillDown Icon Other
DrillDown Icon Public Safety/Emergency Management
DrillDown Icon RacerMail / Google Apps
DrillDown Icon University Libraries
  Email This ArticlePrint PreviewPrint Preview Current Article/Category with all Sub-Articles/Sub-Categories
Withdrawal From Murray State
Students dropping all classes may do so by accessing the "Withdraw All Courses" link under the "Academics" tab on myGate. You will not be withdrawn from the semester until you complete this process.  All library books must be returned before a withdrawal form can be processed.

Withdrawal FAQ

Q. Will I receive a refund?
A. Refund dates are listed in the Refund Table. There is an appeals process to request a refund if there are extenuating circumstances, and it is past the deadline for a specific refund. To appeal for a refund, contact Phyllis Jones.

Q. What if I just quit going to class and do not officially withdraw from school?
A. If you stop attending class and do not officially withdraw for the semester, you will receive failing grades in your courses.

Q. Is there a deadline for withdrawing from the semester?
A. Yes, there is a deadline. The dates to withdraw are listed in the University Calendars. Information on refunds are listed in the Refund Table.

Q. What will show on my transcript when I withdraw from the semester?
A. If you are enrolled in full semester classes only and withdraw during the 1st five days of the semester, your record will indicate only a withdrawal date, with no grades.  Beginning the 6th day of the semester, there will be "W" grades on your academic record.  Students can withdraw from full semester classes approximately 3 weeks prior to the last day of the semester.  For more detailed information consult the University Calendar.  NOTE: Other sessions within the full semester have separate drop/withdraw deadlines. 

Q. What do I need to do if I am withdrawing from Murray State University?
A. The withdrawal form needs to be completed. For further instructions contact Registration at 270-809-2394 or by email at

Q. How is my Financial Aid affected?
A. Refer to Return of Title IV Student Aid.

Q. Will I be able to receive financial aid in the future if I withdraw?
A. Any questions regarding future financial aid should be directed to Lori Mitchum, Student Financial Aid.
Modified 12/15/2014
Article ID: 863