ArticlesArticles Most Popular ArticlesMost Popular Articles Most Helpful ArticlesMost Helpful Articles Submit A QuestionSubmit A Question
RSS Feeds
DrillDown Icon Home Back
 . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DrillDown Icon Welcome
DrillDown Icon Administrative / Procedures
DrillDown Icon Accounting
DrillDown Icon Admissions
DrillDown Icon Center for Adult and Regional Education (CARE)
DrillDown Icon Financial Aid
DrillDown Icon Consumer Information
DrillDown Icon Policies & Procedures
DrillDown Icon Census Date
DrillDown Icon Classes Must Count Toward Degree to be Eligible for Financial Aid
DrillDown Icon Consent to Release Student Information to the Student and Others
DrillDown Icon Conviction of Possessing or Selling Drugs
DrillDown Icon Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA)
DrillDown Icon Disbursement, Refund, & FAFSA Requirement Changes
DrillDown Icon Incarceration
DrillDown Icon Limit on Subsidized Loan Eligibility
DrillDown Icon Loan Code of Conduct
DrillDown Icon Pell Grant Recipients
DrillDown Icon Repeated Courses
DrillDown Icon Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
DrillDown Icon Prior Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policies
DrillDown Icon Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Codes-What Do They Mean
DrillDown Icon Terms & Conditions and Accepting Awards
DrillDown Icon Verification
DrillDown Icon Withdrawing from classes - Return of Funds Paid
DrillDown Icon Financial Aid Contact Information
DrillDown Icon Human Resources
DrillDown Icon Payroll
DrillDown Icon Procurement Services
DrillDown Icon Registrar's Office
DrillDown Icon Scholarships
DrillDown Icon Telecommunications
DrillDown Icon Banner 9 Training Materials
DrillDown Icon Canvas
DrillDown Icon Forms
DrillDown Icon Listservs
DrillDown Icon Mobile Devices
DrillDown Icon myGate
DrillDown Icon Network / Internet Access
DrillDown Icon Other
DrillDown Icon Police Dept/Emergency Management
DrillDown Icon RacerMail / Google Apps
DrillDown Icon University Libraries
  Email This ArticlePrint PreviewPrint Preview Current Article/Category with all Sub-Articles/Sub-Categories
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Codes-What Do They Mean

SAP Status Codes-What Do They Mean?

  • A, NS, S=Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Approved - Your Satisfactory Academic Progress appeal to reinstate financial aid eligibility has been approved.

  • GP=Meeting the Academic Plan for Satisfactory Academic Progress - You are on an academic plan and are meeting the plan.

  • NP=Not Meeting the Academic Plan for Satisfactory Academic Progress - You are on an academic plan but are not meeting the plan

  • D=Academic Standing -- You have not met Satisfactory Academic Progress due to your academic standing. You may contact the Registrar’s Office for details. An appeal must be filled with the University Registrar’s Office. Once resolved with the Registrar’s Office, you must follow the Financial Aid appeal procedures. 

  • G, X=Making Satisfactory Academic Progress –You must have met Satisfactory Academic Progress.

  • M=Maximum Semesters/Hours Exceeded
  • The policy permits the following maximum attempted hours:

    • 90 hours – Associate Degree
    • 180 hours – Baccalaureate Degree
    • 270 hours -  Post-Baccalaureate Associates Degree
    • 360 hours - Post-Baccalaureate Baccalaureate Degree
    • 54 hours – Graduate Degree
    • 119 hours -  Doctoral Degree

    If you are graduating from an undergraduate program and are admitted into graduate program beginning with the previous summer of the upcoming academic year, you must contact our office regarding financial aid eligibility. If you wish to appeal, you must follow the Financial Aid appeal procedures.

  • N=Completion Rate  – You did not complete the required minimum hours for what you started. You are required to complete 67% of all attempted hours to remain eligible for future financial aid.  If you wish to appeal, you must follow the Financial Aid appeal procedures.

  • W=Withdraw Count Exceeded – The policy states if you have more than two (2) official academic and/or administrative withdrawals white attending Murray State University, you will no longer be considered as maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress. If you wish to appeal, you must follow the Financial Aid appeal procedures.
Related Articles

Modified 1/5/2016
Article ID: 1962