ArticlesArticles Most Popular ArticlesMost Popular Articles Most Helpful ArticlesMost Helpful Articles Submit A QuestionSubmit A Question
RSS Feeds
DrillDown Icon Home
DrillDown Icon Welcome
DrillDown Icon Administrative / Procedures
DrillDown Icon Accounting
DrillDown Icon Admissions
DrillDown Icon Center for Adult and Regional Education (CARE)
DrillDown Icon Financial Aid
DrillDown Icon Consumer Information
DrillDown Icon Policies & Procedures
DrillDown Icon Financial Aid Contact Information
DrillDown Icon Human Resources
DrillDown Icon Payroll
DrillDown Icon Procurement Services
DrillDown Icon Registrar's Office
DrillDown Icon Scholarships
DrillDown Icon Telecommunications
DrillDown Icon Banner 9 Training Materials
DrillDown Icon Canvas
DrillDown Icon Forms
DrillDown Icon Listservs
DrillDown Icon Mobile Devices
DrillDown Icon myGate
DrillDown Icon Network / Internet Access
DrillDown Icon Other
DrillDown Icon Police Dept/Emergency Management
DrillDown Icon RacerMail / Google Apps
DrillDown Icon University Libraries
  Email This ArticlePrint PreviewPrint Preview Current Article/Category with all Sub-Articles/Sub-Categories
Financial Aid

Disbursement, Refund, & FAFSA Requirement Information

Disbursement of federal/state aid and scholarships to eligible students will begin after the drop/add period, which is after the 5th day of classes.

  • For Spring 2017, refund checks (for students with credit balances after the disbursement of aid) should begin to be available beginning February 1st, 2017. Disbursements and refund checks will be processed on a weekly basis thereafter for late awards and/or adjustments.
  • Students are encouraged to sign up for direct deposit in order to receive refund checks in a timely manner. Direct deposit signup is available via myGate/Money Tab/Student Refunds/Direct Deposit Signup.
  • Murray State requires the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for all undergraduate students receiving institutional aid.
  • The FAFSA can be completed at If the FAFSA is not completed, institutional aid will not be disbursed to the student's account.
  • If you have chosen to not submit or complete the FAFSA to be considered for institutional aid, please complete and send the Declination of Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Requirement form to the Financial Aid Office, using the contact information in the form.  
  • If you have additional questions, please contact us at

Please note that financial aid forms can be found by going to 'Forms' and clicking on 'financial aid' 

Sub Articles
Modified 7/17/2018
Article ID: 27