Disbursement of federal/state aid and scholarships to eligible students will begin after the drop/add period, which is after the 5th day of classes.
- For Spring 2017, refund checks (for students with credit balances after the disbursement of aid) should begin to be available beginning February 1st, 2017. Disbursements and refund checks will be processed on a weekly basis thereafter for late awards and/or adjustments.
- Students are encouraged to sign up for direct deposit in order to receive refund checks in a timely manner. Direct deposit signup is available via myGate/Money Tab/Student Refunds/Direct Deposit Signup.
- Murray State requires the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for all undergraduate students receiving institutional aid.
- The FAFSA can be completed at www.fafsa.gov. If the FAFSA is not completed, institutional aid will not be disbursed to the student's account.
- If you have chosen to not submit or complete the FAFSA to be considered for institutional aid, please complete and send the Declination of Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Requirement form to the Financial Aid Office, using the contact information in the form.
- If you have additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that financial aid forms can be found by going to 'Forms' and clicking on 'financial aid'