ArticlesArticles Most Popular ArticlesMost Popular Articles Most Helpful ArticlesMost Helpful Articles Submit A QuestionSubmit A Question
RSS Feeds
DrillDown Icon Home
DrillDown Icon Welcome
DrillDown Icon Administrative / Procedures
DrillDown Icon Accounting
DrillDown Icon Admissions
DrillDown Icon Center for Adult and Regional Education (CARE)
DrillDown Icon Financial Aid
DrillDown Icon Human Resources
DrillDown Icon Payroll
DrillDown Icon Procurement Services
DrillDown Icon Registrar's Office
DrillDown Icon Academic Bulletin
DrillDown Icon Academic Regulations
DrillDown Icon Academic Second Chance
DrillDown Icon Academic Suspension Appeals Hearing
DrillDown Icon Accelerated Graduate Admission and Credit
DrillDown Icon Access to Student Data in myGate or Banner
DrillDown Icon Advising Holds
DrillDown Icon Audit/Time Conflict/Permission Form
DrillDown Icon Calendars and Scheduling
DrillDown Icon Changing Your Address on myGate
DrillDown Icon Commencement Information
DrillDown Icon Consent to Release Student Information
DrillDown Icon Departmental Challenge Examination
DrillDown Icon Dropping/Adding a Class
DrillDown Icon Duplicate Diploma Request
DrillDown Icon Enrollment Verification
DrillDown Icon Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
DrillDown Icon FERPA for Faculty, Staff, and Student Employees
DrillDown Icon FERPA Training (Online)
DrillDown Icon FERPA Request for Non-Disclosure
DrillDown Icon Grades
DrillDown Icon Grade Appeal
DrillDown Icon Graduation Information Change
DrillDown Icon Military Activation Withdrawals
DrillDown Icon Pre-Registration Verification
DrillDown Icon RACR (Degree Audit)
DrillDown Icon Registration Agreement (4/2/2014)
DrillDown Icon Registering for Classes
DrillDown Icon Registration Holds
DrillDown Icon Residency for Tuition Purposes
DrillDown Icon Residency for Tuition Purposes FAQ
DrillDown Icon Second Baccalaureate or Associate Degree
DrillDown Icon Submitting Grades on myGate (for instructors)
DrillDown Icon Transcripts (Ordering)
DrillDown Icon Undergraduate Course Overload Form
DrillDown Icon Undergraduate Degree Application and Graduation Requirements
DrillDown Icon Undergraduate Graduation
DrillDown Icon Veterans Affairs: Getting Started at MSU
DrillDown Icon Withdrawal From Murray State
DrillDown Icon Scholarships
DrillDown Icon Telecommunications
DrillDown Icon Banner 9 Training Materials
DrillDown Icon Canvas
DrillDown Icon Forms
DrillDown Icon Listservs
DrillDown Icon Mobile Devices
DrillDown Icon myGate
DrillDown Icon Network / Internet Access
DrillDown Icon Other
DrillDown Icon Police Dept/Emergency Management
DrillDown Icon RacerMail / Google Apps
DrillDown Icon University Libraries
  Email This ArticlePrint PreviewPrint Preview Current Article/Category with all Sub-Articles/Sub-Categories
Registration Holds

These holds can be placed on the student's account because of a balance due with the university, missing admission forms, an unmet academic requirement (for example: failure to complete required training via Canvas), etc.

Students can determine if they have an active hold on their account by:
1. logging into their myGate and clicking on the Academics tab.
2. In the box labeled Registration Tools click the link, Registration Status.
3. Following this link, students may click on the appropriate term they will be registering for from the drop down menu. If the term selected is open for registration (please note that if a term is selected before it is open for registration a message will be shown that explains that the term is unavailable for registration) a page will pull up that will show any hold that is present on the student account.
4. Scroll to the bottom of this page and click view holds for detailed information regarding current holds. If a message appears that a financial hold has been placed on the account (even if the amount reflects $0.00) - you may wish to access the student billing website.  Other holds may have information related to them such as phone numbers or office names.  If you have questions about the hold, please use that information to contact the appropriate office to inquire about removing the hold.

Financial holds can be cleared by submitting payment to the University.  This can be done by
1. returning to the myGate home page,
2. selecting the MONEY tab, and
3. following the link that says My Account/View E-Bill viewing any current charges that have been added.

When students acquire charges throughout the semester (items such as books charged at the book store, course fees or parking tickets) they can cause a financial hold to be placed on the account if these items are unpaid. The Bursar's Office always encourages students to check their current account status before the registration period begins in order to make any correction or clear any outstanding balance to the student account. Contact the Bursar's Office with questions concerning Bursar holds.



Modified 3/28/2017
Article ID: 853